For those not in the know, a street team is a group of like-minded people who hit the streets to promote a cause or event. We can never have too many people who are generous and politically active, so that's why we want to reward you for helping us out!
We're offering a chance to get on the Anti-Flag guestlist! Some of the criteria has changed, but you can still get free passes simply by following the two steps provided below!
Step 1: Send a short message about Anti-Flag to ten or more of your Facebook friends.
(Don't have Facebook? Pitch us one of your alternate ideas! Any way that you can get involved will be taken into consideration!)
1. Add me as a friend on Facebook. (This is for confirmation purposes only. You may remove me after you are finished.)
2. Visit the official Anti-Flag Facebook page here, scroll down, and click on the Share button.
3. A window will pop up. Click on the Send as a message instead link.
4. In the To: text box, enter the names of ten of your friends, along with my name. If you do not put my name, I will be unable to confirm that you sent the message!
5. Copy a relevant Anti-Flag News entry, and place it in the Message text box. Basically, your post should either mention the show/tour you are going to, or the most recent Anti-Flag album. You are asked to somewhat customize your message to give it a more personal touch.
Example: "I'm going to this show on Saturday..." or "Just got the album..." Keep in mind that I will be reading what you wrote.
Step 2: Pick either one of the two options:
Option 1: Print out and put up at least 5 Anti-Flag fliers (download links below), sending us a picture of each after you're finished.
We have included them here in PDF format, ready to be printed on any standard 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of paper, so pretty much all of the work is done for you. You will however need Adobe Reader (free to download legally here) or any other PDF reading program in order to open them.
Each of the four potential fliers may be downloaded below. Please print any five of them, in any combination. Black and white fliers will also be accepted.
Flier 1: On Tour Now Download
Use this flier if you have an Anti-Flag show coming up in your area. Here's just an example of what you might write:
August 25th: At the Arts Centre in Colchester
Flier 2: New Album Out Now Download
This is a good flier for promoting Anti-Flag's most recent album. Here's just an example of what you might write:
Located at Bob's Independant Music Store
Flier 3: Act Now Download
If you have a great cause that you want to promote, then use this. Here's just an example of what you might write:
Anti-WTO protest July 28th on Jasper Ave, all day long.
Flier 4: Which Side Are You On? Download
This flier is unspecific and is meant for if you wish to write something that you don't feel would belong on the others. One of many ideas would be to advertise the official Anti-Flag forum! (http://anti-flag.com/forum)
When ready, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any pictures that you wish to send.
Option 2: Tweet/retweet three or more messages about Anti-Flag, tour dates, albums, or whatever you can think of. In addition, post a couple of comments about Anti-Flag on their Facebook page, on your Myspace page, or even on another website. Generally, the more people you reach, the more likely you are to get passes. If you have no or few Twitter followers, you may want to consider Option 1 instead.
E-mail email@example.com the links to each page after you're finished.
- We are only able to give away guest list spots to one participant per city, but that participant will be allowed to bring in up to one friend at no cost. Please understand that venues can only accomodate so many, and that we must be considerate for the people already attending.
- The fliers must be placed in a clearly public location. This means that your camera needs to be far enough back from the flier that we can see without any reasonable doubt that you didn't just post them up in your bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, etc. Variety of placement is also recommended.
- We have left a white portion undeneath each flier in order for you to add your own comments. If we get multiple requests for guest list spots for the same show, we may sometimes determine who gets them based on what you each have written. You may optionally provide a 6th picture which contains a close up of your fliers if you want us to see.
We'll have our eyes open, so don't feel shy to contribute where you can. We have you all to thank for making this all possible, so thank you!
The People United.