231 replies to this topic

#1 punkd2493

punkd2493

Captain Anarchy

• Captain Anarchy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:42 AM

So I was at the airport, a while ago and waiting to board my flight when I started talking about how airports check and check and makes sure you dont have a bomb..etc.. Then I realized I was Wearing my AF shit, which cleary say Anti-FLag.

So I guess the question is Have you worn anything AF or not that has got you in a Sticky Situation
Being a patriot is saying FUCK YOU to the government when they run it the wrong way

#2 Raoul Insane

Raoul Insane

Punk By The Book

• Punk By The Book
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:15 AM

what? lol sorry i don't get the airport story..what was the problem there?
Crooked cops plus crooked judges, don't equal justice. Free all political prisoners
Racist cops plus racist judges, don't equal justice. Free all political prisoners

#3 No Pax Without PaxWarriors

No Pax Without PaxWarriors

THE BIG R

• Anti-Violent
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:28 AM

YES people are always asking me what Anti-flag is. weather its anti-american and stuff like that. Then in order for me to not look like a total ass I have to explain their beleifs as well that they are a rock band. haah.
"I think it only makes sense to seek out and identify structures of authority, hierarchy, and domination in every aspect of life, and to challenge them. Unless a justification for them can be given, they are illegitimate, and should be dismantled, to increase the scope of human freedom."  
-Noam Chomsky

"Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. I think that there is nothing, not even crime, more opposed to poetry, to philosophy, ay, to life itself than this incessant business."
-Henry David Thoreau

#4 choco

choco

Captain Anarchy

• Captain Anarchy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:35 AM

In france i don't really have this problem..lots of people don't understand most of the time but (fortunately) some people understand but (unfortunately^^) they don't know this band..so i always have questions like "Anti-Flag? against flags? what's this?" and i have to explain to them that is a band...
They do nothing for you, they do nothing for me. No! They give us nothing to believe .  
Watch your right, watch your left, watch the right,watch the center,and watch your back!

#5 Dopamino

Dopamino

We don't think like you think/And we move like no one moves

• The One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:08 AM

I've had a teacher get mad at me for wearing my Social D shirt (it's got the dancing skelly logo on it).
History is not something that happens to people--it is the activity of people. Culture does not dictate human behavior--it is the sum of human behavior. Technological progree is not a force of nature, either.
There is no civilization without civilizing, no capitalization without us capitalizing and capitulating.

#6 Blaarg

Blaarg

Confused Youth

• Confused Youth
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:54 AM

^ Weird.

A friend of mine left his house for the airport wearing his Bomb the Music Industry sprayed T-shirt... We quickly convinced him to think better of that one.
Smile big, hug bigger. Talk big, act bigger. Stop judging, do something. Shut the fuck up and DO something.

#7 Fightin_da_Man

Fightin_da_Man

â’¶gitator

• The One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:56 AM

I've had people ask me questions.  I made a shirt using the "what are we going to do about the usa?" stencil and had somebody give me a note saying "the question is, what is the USA going to do about you?" (or something to that effect).  Never gotten into any official difficulties because of a-f merch though.
Go to work; send your kids to school;
follow fashion; act normal;
walk on the pavement; watch TV;
save for your old age; follow the law.
Repeat after me: I am free.

#8 ArtIsResistance

ArtIsResistance

Punk By The Book

• Punk By The Book
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:15 PM

View PostFightin_da_Man, on 17 July 2009 - 11:56 AM, said:

I've had people ask me questions.  I made a shirt using the "what are we going to do about the usa?" stencil and had somebody give me a note saying "the question is, what is the USA going to do about you?" (or something to that effect).  Never gotten into any official difficulties because of a-f merch though.

Ridiculous. You cannot even bring up the evil deeds of our country, let alone wear a fucking t-shirt without some brainwashed patriotic slave getting angry over it.

#9 joalbrito

joalbrito

Punk By The Book

• Punk By The Book
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:22 PM

I really don't get why do you think there is a problem to go to an airport with A-F T-shirt. Like they will not let you to get in the plane because of that, or what? here in bulgaria, most of the people don't really know or care about A-F, but I study in the American College and I often wear an A-F T-shirt ( Especially the one with the flag presented like a prison, which can be considered very offensive) and I can tell a lot of the teachers and the administration don't like me but they really can't do anything about me wearing this kind of stuff. So far I have had problems about what I wear only with nazi skinheads not with police or in the school and seriously, I don't think that in any country you could have problems with authority about an A-F T-shirt.
Militant anti-fascism! Militant Atheism! Militant Anti-Capitalism!

#10 Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn

Stay Vocal Babe

• The One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:26 PM

yeah... i never thought i'd have to explain again and again that broken guns mean anti-militarism...  isn't it obvious?
REUSE - BECAUSE YOU CANNOT RECYCLE THE PLANET

Well it breaks my heart/ To see you this way/ The beauty in life where's it gone/And somebody told me you were doin' ok/ But somehow I guess they were wrong...

PRG said:

I'm closing this topic because the Riot Zone is meant for serious debate.

#11 .:White:Rook:.

.:White:Rook:.

Captain Anarchy

• Captain Anarchy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

Don't see why you'd ever have a problem with it. Nothing wrong with wearing a shirt that represents anti-violcence & oppression e.c.t.

Had a few people asking me what Anti-Flag is when I wear the tee's but thats about it, i just say 'they're a band'...

Posted Image

Pat Thetic: "Most bad things that happen are Justin's fault"

#12 joalbrito

joalbrito

Punk By The Book

• Punk By The Book
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:40 PM

View PostKaitlyn, on 17 July 2009 - 12:26 PM, said:

yeah... i never thought i'd have to explain again and again that broken guns mean anti-militarism...  isn't it obvious?
You don't owe an explanation to anyone  ;)

#13 No Pax Without PaxWarriors

No Pax Without PaxWarriors

THE BIG R

• Anti-Violent
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

View Post.:White:Rook:., on 17 July 2009 - 12:37 PM, said:

Don't see why you'd ever have a problem with it. Nothing wrong with wearing a shirt that represents anti-violcence & oppression e.c.t.

Had a few people asking me what Anti-Flag is when I wear the tee's but thats about it, i just say 'they're a band'...

people see the word ANTI-FLAG and they automatically assume words like, communist, anarchist, anti-american, terrorist, pro-violence. the shit that comes to their heads all have negative things attached to them therefore they get mad. most people have no idea what A-F stand for. at least in america it gets annoying, especially when you live near a rich neighborhood.
"I think it only makes sense to seek out and identify structures of authority, hierarchy, and domination in every aspect of life, and to challenge them. Unless a justification for them can be given, they are illegitimate, and should be dismantled, to increase the scope of human freedom."  
-Noam Chomsky

"Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. I think that there is nothing, not even crime, more opposed to poetry, to philosophy, ay, to life itself than this incessant business."
-Henry David Thoreau

#14 joalbrito

joalbrito

Punk By The Book

• Punk By The Book
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:56 PM

Well, you can suppose that people who hate anarchists and communists will hate A-F, even if they knew what it stands for, they would still hate A-F because conservative capitalist are pretty much against everything that A-F believe in, but they can't do anything about the fact that you wear A-F t-shirt. There is no authority in no country that could do something bad to you because you wear some sort of t-shirt (except illegal t-shirts like t-shirts with swastikas on it)

#15 Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn

Stay Vocal Babe

• The One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

View Postjoalbrito, on 17 July 2009 - 12:40 PM, said:

You don't owe an explanation to anyone  ;)
well it does bother me that they think i'm pro-war/violence so i'd rather just explain it.
REUSE - BECAUSE YOU CANNOT RECYCLE THE PLANET

Well it breaks my heart/ To see you this way/ The beauty in life where's it gone/And somebody told me you were doin' ok/ But somehow I guess they were wrong...

PRG said:

I'm closing this topic because the Riot Zone is meant for serious debate.

#16 James

James

i have 1 warning point

• The One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,248 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:31 PM

I only wear Anti-Flag merch when I'm in the US, strictly for the lulz. I always go to Spokane, which has a huge airforce base and is pretty republican and I get a lot of stares but nothing more. Anyone want my AF shirt? I'll mail it to you fo free.

Posted Image

#17 All Dead

All Dead

pure motherfucking hate

• The One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:42 PM

I have an Anti-Flag shirt from the sixth grade I still wear once in a while, and the only complaints I get from people is that the shirt is far too small.

View PostNICKxSUTTON, on 06 June 2009 - 12:45 PM, said:

ok punk by the book. which is a FUCKING OXYMORON YOU DUMB PIECE OF SHIT. you need to go brush the fuck up on your local black bloc. you probly live out in the woods somewhere

Posted Image   

#18 Eric

Eric

Trust don't pay like these guns don't fuck around.

• The One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

I'm wearing an Anti-Flag shirt right now, but that's only because most of my good clothes are in a suitcase.

Posted Image

#19 Steve

Steve

come to cali and we'll beat your fucking ass

• The One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:21 PM

I have a post-war breakout shirt that I still wear sometimes.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

#20 All Dead

All Dead

pure motherfucking hate

• The One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:25 PM

I wear my Anti-Flag shirt for the ladies.  ;)

View PostNICKxSUTTON, on 06 June 2009 - 12:45 PM, said:

ok punk by the book. which is a FUCKING OXYMORON YOU DUMB PIECE OF SHIT. you need to go brush the fuck up on your local black bloc. you probly live out in the woods somewhere

Posted Image   

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users